Required SLED class for a CWP. (Greenville, SC)
1 Day Class is from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
South Carolina Concealed Weapons Permit Course - SC CWP
This course is designed to introduce individuals to the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for owning, carrying and using a pistol safely. This course will provide you with the laws for South Carolina, basic weapons nomenclature and the fundamentals of safe shooting and provide the student with the required training to apply for a South Carolina CWP.
It is recommended that individuals check www.sled.sc.gov web site to confirm their eligibility for obtaining a SC CWP permit. Once at the website click on the Concealed Weapons Permit Program tab to view the minimum requirements prior to registering with PSA Defense. Students will need their valid driver’s license or other South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) approved identification.
Memo to all Concealed Weapon Permit Students from Palmetto State Armory:
***NOTICE*** This class is not a beginner class. You will be required to load, unload, and make your firearm safe during qualification on range. If you cannot comfortably and proficiently accomplish these tasks, you should consider an instructional class to do so with whatever firearm you will be qualifying with. If at any time during the qualification, the range safety officers feel you are not completing these tasks efficiently, you will be asked to return at a later date after proper instruction has been given to rectify any deficiencies. Again, this is not a training class. This is a SLED CWP mandated class. Any questions, please contact us.
We are pleased you have chosen us to provide your Concealed Weapon Training. Class begins at your scheduled beginning time. Please ensure you know the start time for the class you signed up for (9:00am for the 1-day class in Greenville, SC). We will have 10 minute breaks throughout the day and 1 hour for lunch. Please dress comfortably and bring a pad and BLACK pen to take notes and fill out forms. Handouts will be provided by us. FINGERPRINTING IS ALSO INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE. There will be a written and a shooting test. Classes are usually sold out during the month preceding the class. Due to the high demand for CWP training, ANY CANCELLATIONS OR NO-SHOWS MADE WILL NOT BE REFUNDED OR CREDITED. If there is an emergency situation, the instructor will honor a one-time re-scheduling pass for a future class date at his/her discretion, otherwise there will be a $25 re-scheduling cost.
After attending this class, you will mail your application packet to SLED to apply for your Concealed Weapons Permit. You have three years to apply for the permit. When you do this, you will also need to include the SLED permit processing fee of $50. This payment will have to be in the form of a cashier's check or money order payable to SLED (this is a state mandated fee not included as part of the class fee).
1. NO flip flops or other open shoes.
2. NO tank tops or low cut shirts/blouses.
3. You must have a belt or hip holster (NO shoulder, pocket, inside-the-pant type).
4. Please wear a 1” to 1’1/2” belt to retain your hip holster.
5. You must have a gun .32 caliber or larger (if you do not own a firearm, we do have rentals available for an additional fee).
6. You must have eye and ear protection (your own or we can rent) *Note: sunglasses are not considered eye protection*.
7. You must have 50 rounds of ammunition (brass cased only). We can sell to you the day of or before the class.
8. You must be 21 years of age or older to obtain a concealed weapon permit, although 18-20 year olds can still attend this class and submit application upon 21st birthday.
9. If you are not a South Carolina resident (by proof of South Carolina driver’s license) and wish to obtain a non-resident license, are active-duty military stationed in South Carolina, or are a legal alien, please see instructor to provide further documentation.
10. We strongly urge you to come into the range and practice prior to the class. There will be NO practice the day of the class/test.
11. All firearms entering our facility must be unloaded/cleared and cased or bagged.
If you have further questions or concerns, please contact Greg at (803) 394-3545 or firstname.lastname@example.org